Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chris Weitz Says He is Ready To Quit Making Movies


New Moon director Chris Weitz says he’s ready to quit the movie business.

“Every time I make a movie I’m pretty much convinced it’s the last time I’m going to be able to do it and that really it’s a rather silly occupation to undertake,” Weitz says in the current issue of MovieMaker magazine.

The director says he wants to make just one more film: an homage to The Bicycle Thief, called The Gardener, which would be made half in Spanish and half in English.

Weitz, also directed American Pie and About A Boy, said he became disillusioned with studio interference in his 2007 adaptation of The Golden Compass, a poorly-received fantasy film with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. “I wanted that to be my masterpiece,” he said. “Unfortunately, the edit was taken from me and whatever chance I had at that was also taken from me, which is kind of sad.”

Instead of making films, Weitz said he would like to read books, become a better surfer, learn to speak Spanish, travel and learn kung-fu.

“It’s nice to make movies, but it’s also really hard.”

Source


Oh noes!! We want him for Breaking Dawn!! Come on C-Dub....do Breaking Dawn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment